I came across this presentation by Patrick Neeman, an award-winning user experience leader, and I thought it gave a very nice overview of potential UX career paths.
Links to all the resources mentioned in the presentation can be found below, as you cannot actually link to them directly from the presentation. Hope you find it as helpful as I did!
Pro Tip: expand the presentation as it is quite hard to read at the embedded size.
- Slide 7: UX Career Progression: Finding a Niche & Building a Personal Brand
- Slide 29: Myers-Briggs Personality Test
- You can’t actually take the personality test on the Myers-Briggs site, however this free test from HumanMetrics is based on Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ typological approach to personality.
- Slide 46: How To Get Started In User Experience For People I Want To Hire
- Slide 46: Creating Career Paths for UX Professionals
- Slide 46: A Model for UX Career Growth